My Lovely Friends

Sunday 19 March 2017

For You Happy Birthday & DT Call

Hellooooo there all you lovely people around the world, how are you? Hope you are having a fabberooney weekend.

I'm here today with a card I made as soon as I got the new Sofiero papers by Maja Design.........oh I'm soooooooo unbelieveably happy these are not limited edition anymore & they also come in 6x6 & images.....wow how much more excitement can this girl take....ok get a grip Vicky ;-)
When the papers arrived after much MUCH stroking & smelling....yes smelling come on girls we all have to have a smell of our papers..........especially good quality ones....oh my.....
Anyhoo I had this image in my coloured up box (with many more lol) thatwent perfectly & I still hadnt used a certain die since I brought it........problem rectfied ;-)
Pretty pastel shabby chic card with Maja & Maggie today........AKA 'In My Element' thats what cards like this mean ;-)
Do you see the flowers down the bottom, well the leaf die is also a new die........ok not new I brought it last year from Noor Design UK & then totally forgot about it.....I found it in a tub with some other new dies still unopened......ooops. 

As always I've decorated inside to compliment the front, I thought I would show you properly as I've covered up a LOT so you cant see lol. The only difference is instead of using half pearls on the doily like I did at the front, I've used a pearl pen....this way the pearl dots dont protrude am much as what half pearls would.
The die is a Magnolia die & the doily is form my stash.
Paper is the Sofiero 6x6 pad which you can get from Noor Design UK along with ALL the 12x12 collection & the co-ordinating Monochromes which go so so beautifully with these papers.....they are double sided but the other side is a slightly different colour..........also let me tell you they are sooooo much more beautiful in real life they really are.
Click here to view the collection.

I've made 2 bows with seam binding I dyed myself, love how well they blend with the colours on the card especially the pink with the rose.....they were not dyed for these papers I dyed them a while ago but luckily they go perfectly lol.
Lace is from my stash & all flowers are WOC from Noor Design UK.

The image is called Magnolia & is called 'Tilda Working In The Garden' & she is from the Spring Fever 2016 collection.
She was stamped onto Fabriano & coloured with distress ink refills & maybe markers but cant remember. Dont remember what colours I used as she was coloured up a while ago.
I cut her out with CC Design Layering Tags die & then added her onto corrugated card painted with gesso.

The little tools, plant pot etc came with the Seed Packet die, as did the little plaque.....its one of those plant labels & I thought it would be perfect for adding a sentiment to.
The wording was cut from a Pion Design sheet, I also inked all around the edge.
I used Maja Design Monochrome 'White/Sand' for the plant &label stake & garden tools & added inking with pumice stone.

So the other new die I had & had still not opened til making this card was the Marianne 'Seed Pocket & Garden Tools' die.........this is fabulous, I love it!! The pocket you can use with a side opening or a top opening, depending what you want use it for. I also want it to use on mini albums ;-)
For the pocket I used Sofiero 'The Magnificient Flower Street' & then cut an image from the 6x6 pad to go on the top, slightly distressing it beforehand. I then used Maja Design Monochrome 'Blush/Rouge' to cut the inside ticket/tag & made a tab to it for making it easier to pull out & I think it adds a nice look to it. The tab part I used Little Darlings Fancy Rectangle & Layers die.....this has to be one of my most favourite dies.I cut it out twice & glued together.
The sentiment is from Stempelglede stamp, there is also another on the back onf the tag saying Made With Love from the same stamp set.

I also want to remind about the Lovely Hanglar Or Sweet Magnolia challenge which has 2 weeks left & a fabby prize on offer.
They are also having a DT Call, here are the deets...
we are having a DT call. We are looking for 4 crafters to join us. The team are very friendly, helpful and lovely and are always there for each other.

The requirements are:
One card per month
Leave comments on our entries with the number you are assigned.
You must have an active blog and a Facebook account would be desirable.
Be reliable and on time with your creations.


 If you would like to join us just add DT after your name or you can email Gina at the following address: gina@badhouse.co.uk
put DT call in the subject and please include a link to your blog.  

Well thats it from me I having family coming soon & staying for tea.

Thanks for stopping by, huge hugs to you all.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Challenges I'm Entering.......
Craft Heaven - Keep Calm & Love Spring
Midweek Magnolia's - Anything Goes

9 comments:

Gina's Cards said...

OOh what a stunning card Vicky! There are so many different elements to it! I don't think I've got this Tilda, I must have missed her...you have colourd her so beautifully! I just love it!
Hugs
Gina xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow hun, this is another beauty, stunning design and loving those dies, fabby colouring again too, we had the family round for tea tonight too, lol
Hugs Liz xx

Juls said...

This s just utterly stunning xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So beautiful Vicky! Love the papers and that sweet Tilda. Such a cute little four leaf clover die too. So many beautiful details to drink in on this hunny. Another stunning creation from you, even the inside is stunning! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Inkypinkydelights said...

Beautiful card Vicky! I love all your lovely details and that leaf die is one of my favourites! Would you believe it though, I have not used it on a card yet! Judy x

Beth Brovold said...

Hi there Vicky!! I can't believe that you have these "coloured up" images just sitting around...you are my hero...talented and organized!!!!! This is just another in a long line of STUNNING art work my friend!! Have a wonderful week!
Take care,
Beth

Beth Brovold said...

Me again Vicky...this time with my DT hat on!! Thank you for sharing this gorgeous card with us at Midweek Magnolias...good luck!
Take care,
Beth

Kirsty said...

Hi wow love your luscious papers and she is beautiful on the tag must try that out what a fab idea thank you for joining us in The Midweek Magnolias Challenge :)

Susi said...

Vicky, you know I LOVE all your Cards <3 And this one is another one which I love so much. All the beautiful Details and the awesome colouring of Tilda... Everything is perfect.
Thanks for playing with us over at Craft Heaven Challenge. Best of luck =)
Hugs, Susen