My Lovely Friends

Thursday 23 February 2017

Stamping Bella CAS Cards

Hi everyone a quick post from me tonight. I'm quickly popping on to share my latest Stamping Bella stamps.........CAS style too.......yep CAS & 2 of them...I know I think I'm ill.

The challenge over at Bellarific Friday is a inspiration piccy & the theme of 'Love Potion' & I'm kinda hoping my cards fit....although the background colours are not quite the same in real life on one of them :-(
So 2 CAS cards exactly the same style & shape but 2 different stamps, 2 different sentiments, 2 different ways of colouring them up as well. Eve the backgrounds are the same by using the same colours but a different way round.

Starting off with the first one.
I've used a Go-Kreate die for the shape then I've used Derwent watercolour paper for the background. I have quite a bit of this but dont have the pencils anymore, so the paper is perfect for messing with inks on & playing lol.

The first stamp is one you may have seen on the Valentine card to hubby I made here. I've used the co-ordinating Cut It Out die as well but this time coloured the image with distress ink refills.
In all honesty I do prefer the look of copics on these images but I wanted to do a comparison as I do love my distress inks just as much as my copics......ok maybe more lol.
In all honesty this was rushed a bit & I completely forgot to give the red another layer..........my bad
 :-(

The sentiment comes with the stamp & in the co-ordinating die it also has a small die to cut out the sentiment which is what I've done.
I glued the watercolour paper to the centre of the card after cutting it in the same shape & then machine stitched up each side.
My next card is using the other Bee stamp........I really love these Bee's they are so darn cute....cutest Bee's ever!!!
As you can see exactly same shaped card again with the Go-Kreate die.

This stamp however was fussy cut out because stupid me didnt get the die to go with it & its soooo much easier with the dies. Let me also tell you the dies are fabulous & this Die-Fanatic was extremely impressed, they cut beautifully & I will get more!!!
This image was coloured in Copics. 

The sentiment also comes with the stamp & this time I cut out ach word like Elaineabella gave us inspiration for a week or 2 ago over on the Stamping Bella blog.
Agina backrgound was cut out using same die & then glued & stitched onto the card.

The background was done with a Tim Holtz mask & about 5 different distress inks, I then sprayed water & blotted so it wasnt so perfect looking.
I really enjoyed making these especially colouring the stamps & doing the backgrounds, a lot of fun!!

I did have all the colours used inks & copics written down but have lost the paper :-(
 I will say though that about 18 months or so ago I sold all my copics, hubby then brought me more later last year & I'm still building them up. However I dont currently have any yellows & my wee bee friend needed yellow...........so out came the stickles for the yellow. It owkred as it gave the cutie some bling lol.

I will also add that the background on the copic bee is more pinkier in real life but the camera has picked out more of the oranges used & not the pinks :-(
Stamps used are 'Bee Mine' with Cut It Out die & 'The Bee & The Heart', both from the latest release.

Well thats it from me folks I'm gonna pop this on over to the challenge & then go watch tv in bed with hubs. We are watching Prison Break..........so happy they are bringing season 5 out ;-)

Tatty bye & thanks for stopping by.
HUgs hugs Vicky xxx


Challenges I'm Entering.........
Bella-Rific Friday - Love Potion
CAS On Sunday - Critters

2 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

These are such pretty cards great CAS designs Love and hugs Carole x

Juls said...

Oh wow!!!!!! I love this!! Xx