My Lovely Friends

Friday 11 March 2011

My Ribbon Storage

Good morning all my lovely jubbly friends..how are youa ll this bright & sunny morning? Its certainly bright & sunny up here as you will see by one of the pics that I'm showing lol.
Well I've still done no crafting all week I am having serious withdrawal now I am hoping to do some today tho......fingers crossed.
Natalie is still poorly with her chest I ended up trying some of my sons ventolin inhaler on her last night to try ease her wheezing........wow what a task that was cus obviously I cant tell her to suck or inhale she doesn't understand any of it. So I thought if I give her a quick squirt it would make her cough & while we put her in the recovery position she would hopefully bring some of the rubbish up off her chest....it worked thankfully. The problem with severly disabled children is they get a build up of rubbish on their chest & unfortunately what they do bring up they swallow most of it back down so its like being on a roller coaster when we do manage to get her cough only half of her rubbish actually comes out....wow I bet you really didnt want to be hearing about that this morning lol.....really sorry peeps I will shush now. Also my youngest & my hubby have now caught it so I've had no kids at school this week & my man has man flu....aw bless 'em.
Anyway the reason I'm here is Really Reasonable Ribbons Ramblings (wow thats a mouthful lol) they are having a ribbon organization week which basically means show them how to store yours. 
Pop on over to read all the details. I thought I would enter mine cus apparently you have to be in it to win it. I have spent half an hour in my hobbit this morning so I thought I would take piccies while I was there so I could enter this.

Told you it was sunny up here lol unfortunatley this is right by my bottom window lol. I'm on sorting my craft room out as most of you know.....its nearly done but with poorly kids I've not been in for a week :0(
This is basically my ribbon storage....I am hugely addicted to ribbon already even tho I've not been doing this malarkey for long lol.

I've closed my blind now lol.
Originally I used hooks as you can see as I had a spare packet in the kitchen lol. These are basically the bars you have underneath your cupboards in the kitchen for hanging up utensils. Ikea do these really cheap also the hooks are cheap from there as well. I however was inpatient & didnt want to go back for hooks as my nearest Ikea is about 20 odd miles away....altho I do need more bars now lol.
So I used cable ties from hubby's shed lol. The clips I brought in bulk from an online store as I knew how I wanted to store my ribbon. A lot of the time I buy in metres so I dont have that many rolls so thats why I did this kind of storage & this way I can clearly see what I have & just unclip what I want & clip it back when I'm finished....easy peasy lemon squeezy...he he

I have these still to sort out & I also have a box of lace & a tub of seam binding......yes I'm addicted to that now as well lol.

These are 2 of the drawers still to be done when I get more bars.
I also thought I would show you what I made last night or should I say early hours this morning lol whilst sitting on the sofa lol. I decided to have a play about & experiment & this is what I achieved.

This was just done with a short length of ribbon & I love it so will be doing lots more lol.
Well thats it now peeps I am going to try my best & catch up with you all now I have soooo missed your blogs. It seems no sooner I get on here Natalie needs me & I have to leave so fingers crossed....I hope so cus I've got loads of DT commenting to catch up on as well. So there may be a big ass shape in my sofa today lol cant go far anyway as my new mobile gets delivered today....I love my sons phone so I copied off him he he....its the Blackberry Torch I went for black as I dont think white would stay white especially if it comes into my craft room lol... my hubby will also NOT be borrowing it to take fishing!!
See ya soonies my lovelies & thank you sooooo much for all your get well wishes for Natalie it brought a smile to her face & mine lol MMWAH.
Huggles xoxoxoxox


25 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

I absolutely love this organization. So far the one that looks the most usable to me...

KarinsArtScrap said...

great storage and beautiful flower, but my ribbons are just in a box, just the 2 boxes you must organised.

greetings karin

Grenouille Greetings said...

So sorry to learn that Princess AND Prince Snr and Prince Jnr are all poorly. I wish them all well soon and hope you don't catch it too!
Love your ribbon storage. I don't have ribbon storage as such - I have 6 draws of mess and I MUST MUST MUST do something about it! And love your ribbon flower too. How did you make it? It's funny to learn that you colour skin and hair on your images first. I do that too. I do it when I'm away from home. It means I only have to take 13 pens and the images with me and then I can colour coordinate their clothes with the papers when I come to make a card. Big Hugs to you! Lesley

Rach said...

sorry to hear that all your family seem to be going down with the lurgy hun, hope that they will all be well again soon, and that you don't catch anything..
I love how you store your lengths of ribbon, so neat and organised...
have fun with your new blackberry.. my daughter has a blackberry and i havn't a clue how to use it.. rofl..
oh and that ribbon creation that you made looks delish hun,
hugs RAch xxxxx

cardmaking bird said...

Sending more love to Nats (and the rest of the clan now - poor you!!!)
Your ribbon storage is fab, mine's a box LOL, so I won't be joining in!!!
Am jealous of your blackberry!! I've got an iphone but I want a purple blackberry curve....mmmmmm, purple, yum!!!!! Hugs, Marie xxxx

Doreen said...

Hello Vicky,ooh I do hope your family are soon on the mend,lets just hope you don't get sick.

Your ribbon storage is superb, hope you get some crafting done today.xxx

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi Vicky,
Love your ribbons!! and the flower you made :)
Hope you enjoy your new blackberry, you lucky thing!
Love, Mel. xx

Loopylou. said...

ooh i loved this so much the first time i saw it hun i bought some mini clips and now i have seen it again i really must put them into use!!! lol !!! my BF found a clear make up bag for me for my scrappy bits so i really have no excuse at all not to get sorted!!
topping natalie up with sqooshes and sending some for the newly poorly males of the vicky house too!!! hugs Lou xxx

Anonymous said...

hi vicky! you have such great organisation on your things. go look at mine, but i have to warn you, its not a pretty sight,lol. i love your flower, its beautiful. have a great friday. hugs

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww I hope your family gets well soon hun!!! I do love your ribbon storage, beautiful and neat!!! Love it!!

Thanks for sharing with us at RRR :)
Enjoy your weekend :)
Hugs,
Cheryl

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Vicky :) I hope the little ones (all 3 of them! lol) are doing better, and all is ok. Men can bet hit quite hard by these bugs, and need lots of extra special care ;) man flu really knocks em out eh? :D

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your lovely comments today. I am loving this ribbon organisation week - so many great tips.

What a great idea of using office clips for ribbon - I would never have thought of it, and I have a stash of those!

Hope the new phone comes - my dad has just got one of those and he loves it.

Have a great weekend, hope you find some time to play,

hugs

xxalisonxx

gina g said...

Hi yer hunni oh blimey your having a nightmare week aint you I hope they are all feeling better soon,love the ribbon flower hun mine are a nightmare all mixed up everywhere lol. Hope your fone as turned up too. luv gina xx

cebelica said...

You sure sound busy. I hope Natalie and your men will soon feel better!!! Have you got the phone yet? I can't wait for my contract with the phone company endsso that I can get a new one too. Right now I have Samsung Corby and I really don't like it. :S I like how you're keeping your ribbons, so organized, you can always find the one you're looking for. Mine are all in plastic bags. They are sorted by colours, but that doesn't make it much easier to find the one I'm looking for. I should think of something else. I hope you'll have a lovely weekend! Hugs!

Tracey T said...

Hope everyone is feeling better today. Love your ribbon storage - you could set up a shop with all that, girl! Big hugs, Tracey xx

Caroljenks said...

Hi Vicky :) WOW! Your ribbon storage is amazing - I've seen a few of these 'bar and clip' type ststems but NONE of them as affordable as yours! I think I may have to 'borrow' your idea if you don't mind - although I'll have to wait for some wall space to attach all of the bars needed ;)

I LOVE your ribbon flower too :)

Sorry to hear you have a house full of poorly peeps and I hope you and Natalie have a better night tonight.

Carol x

Heidi said...

I really hope that everyone will get better soon! And that you don't get sick Vicky:)
What a great ribbon storage, love it. It's so organized.
Have a lovely weekend and take care.
Hugs, Heidi:)

Lorraine said...

oh huni i do hope they fell better really soon,On a happier note i just love how you store your ribbons my poor ribbond are on coat hangers lol in colour order though of courselol thanks for sharing xx

Chrissy said...

Hi! Vicky,OH!! Man flu in the house, kids can be hard enough, but when the MAN gets it....
Hope they all get well soon, take your vitamins and keep well...your ribbon storage same as mine, but I have less than a quarter of what you have..lol..My little bits...you know those bits that barely fit across a card, I keep those too, on a clip..you never know.Going to post an idea for using those little bits soon.Take care my friend,
Luv CHRISSYxx

Donna said...

Wow Vicky, that's some ribbon stash...can I come and play lol! Thanks for showing such fab pics of your storage, you are so organised...I wish I was too :) Donna x

Diamond Doll said...

Hiya Vicky, poor you sounds like you are having a nightmare of a week,I do hope everyone recovers quickly and you dont come down with it.
Your ribbon organisation is just fab and i love your button flower.
Take care
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Unknown said...

Hi Vicky, I'm so sorry to hear your princess still is not well and the rest of the family sick now too!! Love your ribbon sotrage, am looking for a good solution myself. Was just wondering, does the ribbon get a crease where it's between the clip that you need ot iron out? Have a great weekend hun, hugs, Frea

Faye said...

Wow, that's a lot of ribbon! A lot of pretty, well organised ribbon! Love the little pretty you've made. Sending you the most mahoosive hugs. xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

First of all hunni I am sorry I am on catch up on visiting blogs. Secondly I am sorry Nat is still poorly and the rest in the family have caught it now!! You must be shattered. Thirdly you are so tidy with your ribbons they look great. I love the ribbon flower you have made it is gorgeous.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Sonia said...

Hope your family gets well soon. Thanks for taking time to share your ribbon storage with us. It is a neat idea and makes use of space not often utilized. Keep up the good work!

Bonnie Garby said...

Thanks so much for sharing your ribbon organization idea with your friends at Really Reasonable Ribbon! Your ribbon looks beautiful.